One of our homemade christmas gifts.
A very yummy berry natalizia (christmas liqueur drink).
3 cups of fresh or frozen whole berries
3 cups of 80 proof vodka
1 cup of white granulated sugar
1 cup of water
• Add 1 cup of water and three cups of sugar to a saucepan and heat slowly. Stir until sugar is dissolved creating sugar syrup.
• Cool syrup to room temperature.
• Add the fresh or frozen berries to sugar syrup.
• Then add the three cups of vodka & water.
• Pour mixture into bottles.
• Place bottles in a cool dark place and leave for 10 - 14 days.
• Strain out the berries into a glass bowl. First, through a colander, then re-strain through a fine wire kitchen strainer and finally through a clean, white, tightly woven cloth. (I left a few berries in the mixture. Only do this if you know it's going to be drunk within a week).